Monday, September 24, 2012

For You My Desire Unable to Put Out the Fire


I know it would be wrong to act upon feelings felt.
But what is it to push them down underground?
Day by day, the yearn for you continues to burn.
Blazing fire raging from my desire.
Nothing good comes from hiding a volcano.
Pressure building with no release.
Temptation.
Dreaming of your hands clenched upon my hips.
Jumping from a burning bridge.
Shark infested waters lay await.
Either way there is nothing left but my goodbye.
Guilt or regret.
I will question either way.
Loneliness is my bitter enemy.
But togetherness would be my destruction.
To me, you do not belong.
But for me, you seem to have been made.
No matter how many goodbyes and reasons why,
The taste of your lips will never be far from my mind.
Thoughts of you.
Ragged breath.
Clenched fists upon my sheets.
Your hold.
Restraint. Demanding my body’s response.
Like rain falling upon the desert high.
My life refreshed.
Your kiss. Your touch. Your love.
All not mine to be had.
Frustration. Humiliation.
Even from across the room.
My breath, exasperation.
With one look, the wrong only seems right.
Like saltwater to a castoff,
For one more moment with you,
My self-destruction leaves no fear in me.
© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment