Monday, September 17, 2012

The Miracle of Your Love Still Saves Me


Time has past, but my love still lasts.
That breeze through your hair is my whisper barely there.
Everything happened so fast.
One moment we were wrapped in each other’s arms.
Then the next moment everything was gone.
Alone, I will never leave you.
In your heart, I will always be.
Our love was so extreme.
From the moment that you walked into my life,
I was thrown deep into the ocean of you.
For so long, I waited for the salvation brought by your acceptance.
To the gift of your eyes, I knew that you were the love of my life.
With one kiss, you brought the sunshine from the winter of time.
All too fast what we had was not permitted to last.
In haste.
Reaction.
There was no turning back.
My last thoughts were of you inside.
Your smile.
Your hope for our tomorrow.
As the final tear drifted down my cheek, thoughts of you consumed me.
Whispering goodbye to the night sky before the darkness seized me.
All the best of me remains with the caress of your hand over the creation of our love.
No jealousy or anger. Only hope and love.
In your smile, the miles of my hope remain.
For my life, I pledged to you my love.
But from up above, my soul will forever be yours.

©2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment