Monday, September 3, 2012

My Insecurities for Your Inspiration


On pedestal, I have never been asked to stand.
Second best has always been my deepest insecurity.
Their doubt in me and yours.
Feelings of being taken for granted.
Overlooked.
But of course, I am just a girl.
What could I know about subjects you speak of. . .
Let me rub your feet and get their drinks.
Good enough you make me feel like I will never be.
But a survivor you will always find in me.
Other’s lyrics.
Emotions high.
Written words.
This helps me get by.
My resentment builds.
Precious energy I refuse to waste.
Angered haste.
Emotions caused by your disapproval,
Become the words I yearn to share.
Your accusation.
Nothing right do I do.
But wrong you are.
Because to others, I inspire.
I take my pain.
Like rain falling from the sky.
The stormy points in my life, I endure for your motivation.
My hope.
These thunderclouds will arouse the dreams and fighting spirit in others.

© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill



No comments:

Post a Comment