Monday, October 1, 2012

My Desperation Against the Hope of Tomorrow


Emotions blanched.
Your hateful words sure did kick my ass.
To you, I tried to give everything.
But from me, you found everything given tainted and wrong.
As colors bleed, my emotions could never be concealed.
Open existence.
My soul refuses indifference.
Steps by others.
Dreaded adventures always follow.
Lately- I wish I could disavow even tomorrow.
Bound by undeserved hatred.
My worst enemy lives within me.
Screams echo through rooms too small.
Even in my own skin, I am unable to fit in.
Freedom from a cage was never true for me.
Desperation.
Your salvation.
I would give my damnation.
The tragedy-my very conception.
There you try to be for me.
From torment, my rescue will not be.
The nightmare I live.
I wish again to not see.
Fairness and reasoning stay contrary.
To give in. To fall through the rabbit hole.
Fleeting moments of sanity.
Sarcastic laughs and uncontrolled heat.
No matter my battle,
Hopes of you smiling upon me tomorrow.
This gives me strength to keep my heart from becoming hallow.
© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment