Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Your love will be my guide

Your goodbye I wanted to deny.
The tears I cried I wanted to despise.
You left me here feeling lost in time.
The pain inside still burning.
An endless dark sea of my misery I pleaded to recede
or rise above until I fell below. My last breath taken.
My own self-pity was my disease.
My cure lie no further than the love I kept for you inside.
My self-destruction was working to blind me.
Remembering your faith in me gave me strength to see.
To give up would be to abandon you.
To love you, I had to have courage to move forward in time.
Your love was my redemption.
The salvation of my darkened-tortured soul.
I will keep your memory alive by living my life as you described.
Your dreams of tomorrow.  Sunsets and sunrises.
It will be my adventure but imagined by you.
The words to which you shared telling me just how much you cared will be my guide forever mine.
You gave to me your love, my happiness and my second chance,
But your greatest gift of all was teaching me forgiveness and hope in each other .
© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill



No comments:

Post a Comment