Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Until we meet again

Goodbye dear friend
Soon I hope we will meet again.
There were so many words that I should have shared to show you how much I cared.
For so long before you left, hidden in the distance, I loved you from afar.
Our secret talks.
Your voice I still hear.
I will forever keep it in my heart.
I wish my memory of you were stronger.
The last time that I saw you,  I wanted so much to tell you how I felt.
My courage was dashed when I saw how much anguish you held inside.
Your soul was only waiting for its release.
In this life, you were not meant to be.
Although too short, your presence here was profound.
I may never know how you felt,
but the secrets we told and the dreams we spoke of will be my treasure.
Your forever effect upon me.
So much time has gone by.
My silent heartache has slowly healed, yet through the years I still dream of you.
I hope up in heaven you hear all the words that I always wished to say.
To me, you will always be my smile forevermore laughing.
Our sunshine in the sky.
© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment