Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The inspiration of spring and believing in one's dreams.


The beauty of the world is abound.  It is a muse to be found.
The clouds alone are the tentative strokes of God’s white-dipped paintbrush upon his blue canvas.
Our world is his creation.
In my mind my dreams reached conception.
I looked upon afraid to dwell.
There was so much I dared to tell.
Doubt and fear worked to paralyze my mind.
My adventure I almost surrendered.
The voice I longed to share became mute,
 and I became deaf to even the motivation of music.
Without using my imagination I fell lost with no temptation of explanation.
Did this mean that my dream was no longer meant for the world to see?
Is thirty-three to late to be?
No!
I am still me with my Chuck Taylors parked next to my four inch stilettos.
Collecting a lot of bucks to buy soulless possessions was never my intention.
To tell a story has always been my true obsession.
I have been given the colors.
My canvas is still mine to create.
To me bestowed such great inspiration.
I aspire to trek in many directions.
The horizon before me lie as wide as I imagine forever.
The map of my life is mine to design.
I believe in today and I cannot wait to live my tomorrow.
© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill


No comments:

Post a Comment