Saturday, October 13, 2012

Without Mistakes We Could Never Relate


Sweet Pain
Emotions buried deep.
Burning tears.
In agony, I feel alive.
Stepping forward.
Looking Back.
To the future, I strive.
Through the journey of my heartache
My sobbing shakes bring wanted escape.
To be numb, I never wish for me.
In my dreams filled with pain and heartache,
My feelings come awake.
My heaviness inside.
I know I’m alive.
Rhythmic words pierce my heart like a sword.
A painless existence
Makes for an emotionless life.
The fountain of words flows not from simple days.
In struggle, the meaning comes to life.
Deviation from peaceful periods.
Inspiration to understand.
To be perfect.
To live without pain or mistakes.
There would be no way to relate.
Battle scars makes my words come alive.
Silent cries. Hurtful goodbyes.
Yesterday’s aches. Empathy. Helps to relate.
All bringing life to my words born tomorrow.

© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment