Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Goodbye Dear Friend

If I were to die tonight, would you meet me in heaven?
I have no fear of death.
But I am terrified of going on to eternity without hope of seeing your sweet face, my dear friend.
Living life to the fullest content and serene.
All that I want to ask you is that when I die,
If I find my way to heaven, would you meet me there?
If when I die, I am unable to kiss your gentle lips again,
I say my friend know that I will be watching over you.
I understand that one’s life will move forward.
What time brings to life is inevitable and true.
What wishes we wanted but not granted we made,
But wishes we were glad did not come true.
Life’s road is but vast and free.
Whatever may be.
Who knows what one’s future will see.
But what I say is true when I say that I love you.
What sorrows I feel when I dream of existing without you,
But what time we had, I will forever treasure.
If heaven is where I will end up, then there I will be.
And if you are not too busy, you could come and visit me.
What things I could say, and what dreams I would dream,
But what I will ask is. . .
If I were to die tonight, would you meet me in heaven?
© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment