Saturday, July 21, 2012

Scorned


Deep betrayal born from burning sin.
Yet you wonder where my forgiveness has been.
The broken heart that you have caused has bled.
All that is left is the vindictive mind that you now find.
Stand before me at your own accord.
My actions strained by my pained plight.
The world that you thought was nothing more than yours
has grown cold form the loss of your touch.
I look away.
Anger and sorrow replay each day.
Without you, an empty hole do I find.
No scream that I share seems to ease my despair.
The ties of our love left in ashes by your lies.
The pressure within my chest gives me no rest.
How could you?
With no reason did I give to you.
Yet such betrayal did you slap across my face.
Dead and lonely you intended to leave this space.
Your betrayal.
Heartache leave.
Anger I now plead to as my motivation.
My life tomorrow will be my salvation.
For me, I will heel. My heart shall reopen.
For you. Alone. Your lies and misconstrued life.
You will remain.
Blind to the pain. No light will you find.
Anger be gone.
No more time on you shall I waste.
For you, I pity. I replace.

© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill






No comments:

Post a Comment