Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hypocritical Political Official


You protest so loudly against the rest.
Except the screams you yearn to shout remain locked inside.
The message spoken but not received.
Your simple battle has started the war.
False courage plagues your heart.
You leave your convictions as weak as a brittle branch during a storm.
Your fear lies hidden behind glass walls.
You judge others so harshly while you find countless excuses for your own mistakes.
You claim to fight for the greater good.
Yet your compassion for others comes up so short.
How clouded is the mirror that you use to look upon yourself?
How little light you let into your life.
Like sunshine breaking through at dawn,
Retrospection will bring light to your deception.
Words were resisted yet words were still given.
Your mask of polished, unshaken confidence trembles with the instability of your conscience.
Sit sipping your tea.
Your pretentious points conflict with your own precious party; don’t you see?
Ticking clock.
Your anxiety will continue to increase.
That is what comes with such dishonesty.
I let it be because my smiles were finally so serene.
Truth in hand I felt so grand.
But rights refused now leave me less than amused.
I will learn to step past my fears of confrontation.  Fast!
Against the hypocrite, I will myself to now take a stand.
Before me you stand.
Fake, blank face in hand.
Freedom exists in my right and love of expression.
Irony exists in your moral suppression.
Decisions made.
Words will help me to stand tall.
Words will be what cause you to finally fall.

© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment