Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sweet, Sweet Love


Sweet, Sweet Love
Why do I have to say goodbye?
Our hope was stolen by tragedy.
Time was taken from your life.
No words do you need to speak.
Within your eyes, I see our love realized.
Your shallow breaths
Your suffering body begging for release.
My swollen throat from tears I’m keeping in.
Sitting here, I want to scream.
You were always the tower of strength for me.
My safety, where my head rested upon your chest.
Trembling lip, I bite to keep still.
I will not let my fear and heartache be your last memories of me.
Stories of our favorite moments,
Will become the best moments of my life.
Late nights up laughing.
Talks watching the morning sun.
Even fights with dishes thrown.
From the instant, our eyes first met,
You owned my body, mind and soul.
Now, your hand once strong,
Grows frailer between my fingers.
Even when your last breath is taken,
My love for you will never weaken.
When your eyes finally drift close,
Wherever it is that you go,
Please always remember,
Apart from my heart, you will never be far.

© 2013 Elizabeth Rockhill 


No comments:

Post a Comment