Saturday, September 1, 2012

Unanswered Prayers


Unanswered prayers.
This is what I hold onto.
For all that I wanted but never received.
I am who I am because of what has never been.
Love that slipped through my hands.
Tears that fell while cuddled in the sand.
Heartaches and heartbreaks
Unanswered prayers
I still believe.
Fears that were faced because of cries left unheard.
Wishes made but never conceived.
I am here now because of where I have never ventured.
I am who I am because of what has never been.
My struggles have created strength where weakness once ruled.
Criticism, rejection, and unsupported plans.
These feed my dreams like caffeine to a morning mind.
No matter how my beliefs evolve,
I will always believe in God’s great plan above.
My voice may still tremble, weakness perceived.
But my passion for life will always beat your doubt in me down.
Unanswered prayers.
This is what I hold on to.
Looking back, 
I recognize that so many prayers that I felt went unheard were really not what I wanted.
Stars above I wish upon.
I will always allow myself to dream.
Some answered. Some denied. My faith will never die.
Unanswered prayers. I believe.

© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment