Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Goodbye Again


Your life was short,
But your love was grand.
Here by you I no longer stand.
Now, I must go on without holding your hand.
No more days together will we lay.
The ache in my heart takes my breath away.
My final hope is for all my memories of you to continue to caress me with the words you used to say.
The world without you has become a muted gray.
Alive, I struggle to feel.
Without you, nothing seems real.
I am stuck in an existence that is only surreal.
Drowning in a sea of pain, I fear I will always remain.
Life without you. My smile just refrains.
My love for you shall not wane.
HEARTACHE! Please someone restrain!
One breath at a time.
That is where my hope for tomorrow will now lie.
With loving, meant to be helpful hands, please do not pry.
Sometimes my only solace is when I cry.
If you want to challenge my pain, please feel free to give my anguish a try.
Too many unimportant things do we rely.
Too often without even goodbye.
The pressure upon my chest. My life vest from the nothingness.
Many lyrics spewed about death’s callous thievery.
To you. Again, this may be cliché, passé.
But in my mind, my haunted dreams try to find escape.
My heart remembers. My soul wants to surrender.
These last words. My only consolation.
Waiting for the time to go by.
Waiting for the day the pain will subside.
And with your kiss I will abide.

© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill



No comments:

Post a Comment