Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Step by Step Imagination Brings Life

Dark lit trail.
Overgrown. 
All alone.
I run along.
I wonder where I belong.
The stars above twinkle light.
They help me with my hindered sight.
It is the mystery of life that comes alive at night.
Under the marvelous moon, a gentle mist covers my sweat-drenched body.
Ignition.
My imagination.
Up above I gaze upon wistful dreams and constellations.
With every step, I feel my anticipation.
My desires.
Magnification.
Stet by step, I move along.
My concentration grows insane.
Need for dedication.
It is why I train.
The humid air.
My lungs scream that it is not fair.
Deep set sense of heaviness.
Surrounded by nothing but quietness.
Again, overgrown.
This path makes me feel so alone.
But alone is where my ideas take flight.
Breath by breath.
Heavy step by heavy step.
Confusion lifts.
Clarification sets in.
My hope for tomorrow begins.
Creativity wins.
As the end of my run brings life to my not yet spoken dreams.

© 2012 Elizabeth Rockhill

1 comment:

  1. Just had a chance to get caught up on some of your poems. I have to tell you that I LOVE this one!! Amazing!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete